Saturday, May 30, 2009

Latest Famous

I just got back from my neighborhood Whole Foods where I saw George Wendt, the actor known for the character Norm on 'Cheers'.

I first saw him in the deli section waiting for somebody to serve him. I had to do a second take and look a little more closely because he is much greyer now than he was 20 years ago!

Then I was two people in line behind him at the check-out. The cashier was very nice to him. What did George buy? Basically food that I would expect someone from Chicago to buy. Several bags of potato chips, beer, wine, and potatoes.

The guy behind George (in front of me) was a fawning idiot who told him how much he loved him and all of that. Once George accepted the compliment and started to ignore the guy, the guy talked to the guy behind me about knowing Springsteen, being backstage at some other concert, and very loudly announced to everybody in the checkout area that he knew people. He looked at me and sort of pointed to George like I should say something to him. Truthfully, writing about him on my blog is enough for me :)

No comments: