Saturday, May 16, 2009

Amazing!

I'm at that point in life where, unless I know the people well, I see faces that I recognize but I can't always remember where I recognize them from. Most of the time I let it go because it takes a lot of effort to remember where I know a person from in passing.

In the weekly Leggers Running Club e-mail this week, they mentioned that one of the winners (Victor) of 'The Amazing Race' is a Legger. It makes sense that a marathon runner would do well in the race since it is essentially a physical endurance race with some brain games thrown in for audience delight. When I saw the e-mail a little light went off in my head--I have seen him before on Saturday morning runs (and some races) but I never put 2 and 2 together.

Victor showed up for a run this morning and as he walked towards the group, people gave him a nice little applause and congratulations. It was really nice... or should I say, it was AMAZING!

No comments: