Monday, November 02, 2009

Top Ten List

It has been a while since I've seen a recognizable celebrity, but yesterday I saw someone who is in the current news media: David Letterman. I saw him at the grocery store parking lot yesterday. I had just parked my car and was walking to the corner and he was driving and waited for me to cross in front of his car. No, he wasn't wearing a hat. Yes, he was here in L.A. I know his show is filmed in NYC so I have no idea what he was doing here. Maybe he went to a Halloween party?

Anyways, in honor of David Letterman, this is my Top Ten List of favorite places to see a celebrity in this town:

1. Running (usually along the ocean between Venice and the Palisades).
2. While shopping at Fry's Electronics (section with the really big screen TVs).
3. At a restaurant.
4. On a plane (flying into/out of LAX or Burbank).
5. Driving on the streets.
6. At Starbucks (in Brentwood off of San Vicente or in Bel Air off of Mulholland).
7. While hiking past their house.
8. At the theater.
9. Local grocery store and farmers market (Studio City and Sherman Oaks).
10. Shopping at Target.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I can't imagine that celebrities a) go to the grocery store, or b) go to Target! I thought that's what personal assistants did!! ;-)

Insomniac said...

I saw Jack Nicholson walk from his car to the Bank of America ATM once. Some of my non-LA friends were incredulous. Why would a big movie star need cash and why wouldn't they get their personal assistant to get it? They really are *regular* people too! ;)