Thursday, November 05, 2009

I remember the '80s

I admit that I am old enough to remember the group 'Huey Lewis and the News'. Not only am I old enough to remember them, but I actually recognized 'Huey Lewis' at the grocery store yesterday. In my mind I see him in the black leather 80's style bomber jacket. But he was wearing regular street clothes at the grocery store, and it was a little bit of 'is that....?' His car was parked behind mine in the parking lot, and as I was putting my groceries into the back seat of my car, I saw him get into a red convertible Porsche. Then I knew it was him. He was easier to recognize because he fit into my impression of what a rock-and-roll star should look like.

This has been quite the week for spotting celebrities at the grocery store!

1 comment:

Alison said...

It'd be even better if the license plate on his car was something from "Back to the Future" or "HRTRNR" - "Heart of Rock & Roll." What else did Huey Lewis sing? I want a new drug, Working for a Living...Now I'm flashing back, too!