Sunday, May 11, 2008

Are you impressed?

When my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew were in L.A. for a visit a few weeks ago, we went to Hollywood to see the walk of fame. Predictably, there were characters trying to make money off of the tourists, a la:


The guy charged a dollar for the picture. There was also a really sad looking Superman and Spiderman on the street. Do you think these guys pay royalties to DC or Marvel Comics? I'm guessing not.

Two weeks before they came, I spent a few hours up in the Antelope Valley Poppy Fields (about an hour north of my house) and saw the following:


I posted more pictures on my photosite if you want to see more pictures of the flowers. They were gorgeous and worth every penny I spent ($5 for parking and gas to get there).

The Hulk on the other hand-- worth the kitsch? You decide.

2 comments:

Notta Wallflower said...

Hulk wasn't worth it. For a dollar, I'd like to have seen David Banner transform into the hulk, but perhaps my expectations are a bit high. :-P Either way, we had a good time with you on our visit. :-)

Insomniac said...

Thanks for visiting :) We really had fun hanging out with you guys and the little guy. He's growing so fast!