Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dinner with Dennis

When the movie 'The Right Stuff' came out years ago, I just loved it. And I had a mini-crush on Dennis Quaid. That crooked smile was just quirky enough to make my insides feel like jelly.

Tonight I saw Dennis Quaid and (I believe) his wife at the restaurant where my friend was having her birthday dinner. He was sitting at the bar next to us while we were waiting for our table, and I would never have recognized him if somebody hadn't said something. He is much thinner and taller than he looks in the movies. A lot of heads turned when he left the bar and walked towards his table. I tried to look without looking and he noticed my friends and I trying to glance towards him non-chalantly. I even made eye contact a couple of times, but I felt sort of shy and he seemed nervous about being noticed.

Wouldn't you know it, his dinner table was right next to ours! So I got a great view of him while eating, and we made eye contact a few times again. Yes, I was too shy to even smile. Instead I had a great dinner with really good conversation. And Dennis Quaid in the background just added to the fun.

No comments: