Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hello Lisa Ling!

During my run along the ocean this evening, Lisa Ling ran past me in the opposite direction. Lisa was originally on 'The View', that women's daytime talk show, and is currently on 'National Geographic Explorer' and a correspondent on 'The Oprah Show'. As she was approaching us on the trail, she looked familiar but I couldn't place the face. My initial instinct was that she was someone in my running group but as she ran past my running partner said, "Hi there Lisa Ling!"

Just from her look and demeanor she seemed like a nice person-- like someone I would be friends with. It was nice to see a friendly celebrity.

2 comments:

Notta Wallflower said...

That's cool that you just see celebrities when you're out and about. It's always a plus when they are nice. When I know someone's a jerk, it lessens my enjoyment of them, even if they're a good actor/actress.

Insomniac said...

I agree. Alice has told me stories of extremely popular actors/actresses that have affected my opinion of them. There are several people on my 'not as nice as they appear on t.v.' list. Lisa Ling isn't one of them :)