Thursday, November 01, 2007

Uncle Leo!

I went to a screening of 'A Mighty Heart' at the Directors Guild in Hollywood last night (my sister got the invite and took me as a guest) and the place was relatively empty since it was Halloween. But I did see one recognizable actor-- Uncle Leo from Seinfeld! His real name is Len Lesser. He looked a little more elderly than he looks on t.v., but otherwise, he's very recognizable.

The movie, BTW, was not really worth my time. I came out of it annoyed because it didn't provide me anything really educational or new-- just a barrage of moving pictures and people rushing around and yelling to induce a feeling of drama. It was disjointed (in a bad way) and I got BORED (and I like long and slow foreign films). For me it was entirely unsuccessful and felt like I was watching 2 hours of the t.v. news.

I know that Angelina Jolie is probably trying for some sort of award nomination from this movie. But I feel like the movie was just trying wayyyyyy tooooo hard and because of it I didn't feel as much of a connection to Angelina Jolie's character as I know that I could have.

On the plus side, I did see another 'celebrity' to add to my list ;)

No comments: