Tuesday, July 10, 2007

To continue with my *star sighting* watch:

Evangelia saw Victoria Beckham (a.k.a. Posh Spice of the Spice Girls) walking outside Barney's on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills on Saturday afternoon (7-7-07).

According to Evangelia, she was surprisingly short and wore extremely high heels.

It is usually a surprise when I see celebrities in person and they are much shorter than I assumed from seeing them on television or the movies. Bill Gates is shorter than I assumed him to be. To me, he looks like he is 6 feet tall or higher. In reality he is probably closer to 5'10" (from the time he walked past my cubicle at work).

Celebrities also seem to be much thinner in person than they appear on television. I took a tour of the WB Studios and judging from the size of the costumes in the display cases, a lot of the actresses seem to be size zero minus.

Take home message: objects are actually smaller than they appear on t.v.

No comments: