Thursday, August 11, 2005

Seattle departure pains

I have been in such a frenetic mode that I haven't been enjoying my last days here in Seattle. Yesterday was my last day at the ISB and it was sad, but I haven't had time to reflect on the fact that I am leaving because there has been too much to do. I am rushing around packing, having good-bye lunches, dinners, and drinks with friends, and getting rid of things that are not going to be moved. When I pause for 15 minutes or more, I feel guilty for wasting time. But even worse, I start to feel sad and miss my friends and life in Seattle. I am pretty sure that once the moving crates and car are packed, the final good-byes are said, and the keys are dropped off with the real estate agent, the reality of the move will start to sink in and I'll be very sad. I am looking forward to the drive down to L.A. to decompress and think about where I have been and where I am going to go.

I think what is saddest is the constant 'last-time to do...' and 'good-byes'. Every day for the past week I have been doing something for the last-time, or saying good-bye to somebody. For all my friends in Seattle-- I WILL MISS YOU ALL! I may have complained about Seattle, but I am glad that I lived here and met all of you :) Seattle has a special place in my heart...

No comments: